Car Rental - JPM
We send our guests an introductory email to our car rental agency. You'll find the rates very attractive, and more importantly...you'll get the right vehicle for your needs.
Please contact us to secure a car as soon as possible, especially if your are staying during high season...even if you are not sure of your arrival/departure dates. Many of the SUV type vehicles are in high demand, and you don't want to get in a situation where the supply runs out, or you are left with inappropriate cars to rent. Confirm that you can just cancel the reservation with no penalty or fee within 72 hours prior to your arrival.
We do NOT recommend renting Terios / RAv 4 / Begos / Hyundai Tuscons / Mitsubishi Veinsa ASX because they lack the power to get up our mountains. A manual /stick Jimny or Bego is usually powerful enough if you are not too overloaded with people and luggage. Large SUVs are your best bet.
Please email us as JaguarPropertyManagement@gmail.com and provide your;
- full name
- name of the house you are staying in
- dates of arrival and departure
- which airport or location you will need to pick the car up from.
Once they have this information, the Car Rental staff will send you an email regarding rates and insurances for;
- the model of car you are promised
- the type of car you need for our terrain
- no hidden fees or unnecessary insurances
- a great rate with Jaguar Property Management guest discount
- a vehicle in excellent working condition
How do I get from San Jose to the Southern Zone?
1. Rent a car just off site of SJO, and drive approximately 3.5 hours to the Southern Zone. It's a beautiful scenic road through the mountains (highway 27/Caldera) and along the pacific coast (highway 34/Costanera)
2. Hire a private taxi/van driver. There is a link on this site to book our private driver Eric. Eric is responsible, reliable, very kind, bi-lingual, safe and expedient. Less stressful and less time consuming!
3. Take a shuttle van for approximately $60/person http://www.monkeyridecr.com/
4. Fly on a 19 passenger plane from SJO to Quepos/Antonio airport (located one hour drive north of Uvita)...OR From SJP to Palmar Sur (located about 1 hour south of Uvita). The cost is usually $70-90/person one-way. From there you can rent a car, or hire our private taxi to Dominical/Uvita/Ojochal.