Do you have internet service?
- We are blessed to have many modern conveniences. We are however, located in a rural mountainous area. Most likely, the internet will not be comparable to what you experience at home. The government agency "ICE" (e-say) provides internet, electricity and cell service, as do several private companies. However, the infrastructure and equipment is outdated and bandwidth is overloaded (especially during the high season and holidays when we have many visitors in our area). Internet service is not guaranteed in your rental agreement, but we do our best to offer the highest speed and level of service available. Below are some helpful hints;
- Try to take a "pura vida" attitude, and truly "un-plug" on your vacation!! Take a break from the rat race :-)
- If you are experiencing internet connections issues, try unplugging the router from the power source for 1 minute and plugging it back in
- Please do not re-set the router as this will disable it and result in a $60 tech service call, paid by the guest.
- The internet will run slower if there are multiple items connected (like having iphone, ipad, etc constantly on wi-fi). It is best to use one device at a time
- During business hours and the day time, more people are on the bandwidth. At night and in the early morning you will find the speed is faster
- Please try to use the internet for email or website access only. If you stream movies, Facebook, etc your speed will be slower.
- We have heard that sometimes ICE will "cap" users that are downloading movies, bandwidth intensive, or high gig users. Please avoid streaming video/music/gaming.
- Public wi-fi is available in Uvita for patrons of; Marino Ballena Restaurant (located next to the BM Supermercado), La Jungla (hardware store on the southern end of town), and many local restaurants.